Thursday, July 03, 2008

Review

k, time for something that makes some sort of sense besides random writing practice stream of consciousness bullshit.



today i was thinking about the preppy vibe, lifestyle. Maybe it was the beach in Florida and the neo-preppy southern vibe. Whatever triggered it, it's fly. Even though it's a current hipster jive turkey look, I'm digging the insanity and the simplicity and tradition.

to find out more:
http://www.vineyardvines.com/
http://preppyguy.blogspot.com/


Lets switch gears and make a 360:



really digging Cum's artwork. Love the sleazy, lofi dirty vibe and sexual imagery.

http://www.cuminthestreets.com




I first feel in love with the OOFT camp's sound when I heard The Revenge remix of Savin The Day by The Allissi Brothers. Ghostbusters sound track for all who don't know. I listened to that song constantly. It was my workout music, and I played it out whenever possible.

Go check out their blog for ill dj mixes and reedits that are pure gold fire. The sound is a mash of moodymanesque loopy funky disco joints and deep deep deep late night afterhours bleepy, dubby house.

They be killin it.

http://ooft.blogspot.com/


On the poetry tip, I'm feeling Joshua Beckman. Somehow, he's seemingly balling as a poet. According to my internets research he has cribs in NYC and Seattle.

check this gem:

Do not spend $1.00 on two scallion pancakes.
Do not hail a ten dollar cab to blow off steam
and smoke his back seat up
and watch the meter jump by quarters.
Do not spend $7.50 on AXE HANDLES by Gary Snyder
Do not spend $35.00 on the collected anyone.


I'll end with this

somewhere i have never travelled,gladly beyond
by E. E. Cummings

somewhere i have never travelled,gladly beyond

any experience,your eyes have their silence:

in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me,

or which i cannot touch because they are too near



your slightest look will easily unclose me

though i have closed myself as fingers,

you open always petal by petal myself as Spring opens

(touching skilfully,mysteriously)her first rose



or if your wish be to close me, i and

my life will shut very beautifully ,suddenly,

as when the heart of this flower imagines

the snow carefully everywhere descending;

nothing which we are to perceive in this world equals

the power of your intense fragility:whose texture

compels me with the color of its countries,

rendering death and forever with each breathing



(i do not know what it is about you that closes

and opens;only something in me understands

the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses)

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home