Sunday, May 11, 2008

Balance And Action


I feel like my set was so weak last night. We were plagued by sound system problems in the beginning of the night and my flow just got fucked up. A lot of my music is badly organized, so I'm defaulting to party jams that generally go over well but missing all this hot fire. Matty so killed it with house and 80's and hip hop dancey classics. His serato skills are tight too. I think my foray into understanding commercial club music has gotten just a little extreme. Goals are: REALLY organize music, have more groupings and sub genres, trade music / rip my records, practice on a schedule, read that book and make some dope mixes. I'm seeing the need for balance here.

Oh well, it's ok to have an off night I suppose. It's a learning experience as is everything. The truth is, I'm very hard on myself. If there aren't hands in the air, and people screaming all the time I think I failed. The crowd flows though. It breathes, and has peaks and valleys. I need to recognize that.

I'm slightly concerned with "lddj". The hype machine is so in full force and stealing some shine. I suppose I should not hate, just learn, and keep it close...

I think I need to chill.

..but be proactive and make moves where I need too.

Can I say something for a moment. Complaining has struck me recently as the biggest waste of energy on the planet. I can understand the need to get things out, off your chest, but excessive rambling on is a muddy mess. It's like, get it out, let it go, or take action to make it better. That's it.

Word up to http://wholesomebalance.com/Intellectual_Balance.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home